Shell offers direct employment to tens of thousands of people across the globe Diversity is key at Shell, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce of over 80 nationalities. By joining Shell, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career on an international stage.
Job title: Global Category Manager – IT Next Generation Sourcing
Job ID: 14001BR
Location: Rijswijk – Netherlands
Why we’re hiring
We’re hiring as we see our Contracts and Procurement (CP) department as fundamental to the success of our business. We are currently looking for a senior commercial leader to join our organization to collaborate across our IT, Business and CP community to develop the next generation of our IT sourcing model.
A complete rethink of scope, approach and IT Service model is required so you’ll be an experienced project manager with a range of IT and contracting and procurement experience ready to take on a new global challenge.
Shell is truly an international Oil and Gas company with a footprint in over 100 countries. You will bring with you an understanding of how to access, understand and influence our massively diverse IT portfolio which is delivered by a combination of Infrastructure outsourcing (valued at $1.0 Billion p.a. across 3 major suppliers covering Networks, end user computing, help desks, application hosting & data centers) and a the considerable scope of services delivered by Shell’s own IT capability. In this role you will also leverage and respond to market disruptions brought about by Cloud Computing, SaaS (Software as a Service) and other emerging business models including virtual workspace services and mobility.
You accountabilities will be to:
- Develop and execute a robust next generation IT services, outsourcing commercial strategy, which delivers maximum value and fit for purpose functionally/technically whilst being future proofed for further market shifts.
- Act as a commercial integrator and thought leader to collaboratively bring together key Business, IT and CP stakeholders.
- Ensure commercial excellence in the sourcing and execution of category contracts, with a commercial mindset and the ability to manage risk.
- Be an exemplar for compliance and improvement of Shell’s business processes and approaches – both regulatory and commercial.
- Ensure support and coaching is given to virtual team members executing the commercial deal strategies in support of the category.
In this position you will report into our Vice President of Contracts, Procurement, Sourcing & Operations and can be based in London (UK), Houston (US) or Rijswijk, (NL).
What we need from you:
- A proven commercial professional from a background in one or more of: Business Development; Business Strategy Consulting; IT Business Strategy from Small/Medium/Large IT Startup ;IT Outsourcing/BPO management/development; Venture Capital; and/or Category Management/Procurement.
- A seasoned professional known for innovation in IT and/or high-tech industry and IT market experience.
- Commercial savvy, business acumen, ability to work on numerous fronts across several initiatives, and ability to lead a global, cross-functional/business teams.
- Strategic thinker and ability to develop and execute complex business, IT, commercial and contracting strategies.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills to engage and influence senior stakeholders, to build the strategy and delivery teams and to achieve the goals of Shell.
- The ability to collaborate well and a sensitivity to client’s needs.
What we offer you:
- We’re committed to invest in the development of your career while meeting the global energy challenge in a responsible way.
- You’ll get to work in one of the largest and complex CP and IT environments in the world.
- You can make a real difference/contribution to the success of Shell by adding value or saving costs through smart project management.
- You’ll work with a global and varied team of colleagues and partners, which will help you excel in your area of expertise. Your performance will be enhanced in this diverse and dynamic culture.
- The flexibility and support to work in a way that suits you (work/life balance). Your work life balance is important to your overall sense of job satisfaction and our open and flexible work environment allows you the flexibility and support to work in a way that suits you best.
- Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can deliver and excel, feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities, including the guidance of coaches and mentors.
- Being able to connect with colleagues through our wide range of networks, such as the Shell Women’s Network, EnAble Network for colleagues with a disability, the Experienced Professionals Network and many others, will ensure you quickly feel confident in your new environment. We will also support you with access to mentors, coaches and informal networking opportunities.
Get a feel of what it is like to work at Shell – read about or watch some of our colleagues
- Watch what it is like to work at Shell and with us in IT .
- Read the interview on CIO.co.uk with Maggie , who manages to work part time as CIO ( article Working Mums ),
- Read about the career journey of Amy Suhl, Vice President and CIO for Projects & Technology
- Find out about Peny, one of our Business Analysts, who shares the importance of embracing her authenticity .
- You can also have a look at our Women in Tech webinar .
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW