Responsibilities may include :
- Human Resources Assistance o Providing consistent, timely, and effective verbal and written communication regarding human resources related matters to employees, supervisors, HR Shared Services, and third party administrators as applicable o Providing support with performance management, compensation administration, talent management and manager self-sufficiency o Acting as HR process facilitator for staffing, org management (OM) and personnel action (PA) transactions o Assisting with absence management for all refinery employees –
+ Ensuring Short Term Disability benefits and FMLA are tracked and administered appropriately
+ Working with medical provider to oversee return to work process and scheduling
o Working in conjunction with training, health & safety, and medical department representatives to coordinate regulatory, job and emergency response training and medical testing schedules/requirements o Overseeing new hire documentation, processing of paperwork for hires/terminations, promotions, demotions, status change forms, transfer paperwork and personnel actions o Conducting HR orientation o Providing reporting support to the San Francisco Refinery organization o Ensuring reporting and metrics are met within established timeframe o Attending and participating in organizational and safety meetings o Entering, filing and maintaining training records for all employees o Assisting other department members with overflow o Creating and submitting check requests as needed o Coding, reviewing and forwarding invoices in iPay and EPay o Performing other tasks and/or special project work, as assigned
- Payroll o Ensuring payroll is approved (weekly)/follow-up with employees and/or supervisors o Updating and maintaining payroll files and databases to reflect personnel payroll changes o Preparing and filing bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports o Assisting employees and supervisors with SAP timekeeping training, payroll issues, and requests for payroll information on a regular basis o Researching payroll issues/discrepancies and processing necessary corrections. Complying with the regulatory standards, policies, and procedures of payroll o Producing accurate, timely overtime/attendance/fatigue reports to assist management in monitoring and controlling absenteeism o Maintaining and performing record retention/archiving of payroll and represented personnel records o Conducting routine audits of payroll / timekeeping records to ensure compliance with internal reporting procedures o Tracking and managing pay progressions for new hire employees
* Legally authorized to work in the job posting country * Must be at least 18 years of age * High School Diploma or GED equivalent * 2 or more years of experience handling payroll and/or timekeeping functions including data entry * 2 or more years of experience working in a Human Resources department * Proficient (perform the skill with limited assistance) in the use of common software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) * 1 or more years of experience working in SAP payroll systems – data entry, reporting, auditing
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Professional HR Certification (PHR, SPHR)
- Experience in industrial environment with rotating shifts
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality; discretion concerning sensitive subject matters and ability to maintain confidences is crucial
- Experience in union represented work environment and ability to read and understand collective bargaining agreements
- Strong working knowledge of CA regulations including leave policies such as disability / FMLA, employee relations, unemployment, workers compensation
- Able to move data between systems and various software tools, and format and publish reports
- Strong analytical ability
- Self-starter who takes initiative, can work independently, set priorities, and show initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Accepts ownership and is accountable; delivers on commitments and meets deadlines
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities and expand knowledge base
- Highly efficient time-management skills; delivers results on time with high quality standards
- Able to manage unplanned/critical tasks at the same time
- Demonstrated organizational skills (file management, records retention) for self and others
- Demonstrated networking and team building skills; ability to work as a team player
- Able to thrive in a fast paced multi-task oriented environment
At Phillips 66, while “what” we do may be very different from person to person, there’s a “how” that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It’s this shared “how” that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The 1,780-acre Santa Maria Refinery , adjacent to State Highway 1 on the Nipomo Mesa, has been in operation for more than 50 years. Only about 200 acres of the land are used for company operations. The remainder is grazed by cattle, held as open space or used as a preservation area for wildlife and the Nipomo Lupine, which grows nowhere else in the world. An important part of California’s energy infrastructure, the refinery processes about 48,000 barrels of crude per day. The facility is also an important part of the local economy, employing 140 full-time workers. We continuously invest to improve the facility and keep up with current technologies in public and environmental safety.
The semi-refined liquid products (gas oil and pressure distillate) produced at the facility are shipped by pipeline to the Rodeo Refinery for finish processing into the cleanest, highest quality transportation fuels in the world. Petroleum coke (carbon) is shipped to customers by truck and rail. Sulfur is shipped by truck to customers in the agricultural industry.
Major Products: Gas Oil, Pressure Distillate, Petroleum Coke, Sulfur
Capacities: Crude oil processing: 48,000 BPD
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company’s master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $49 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2014. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co.
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of May 4, 2015.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW