Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
Job title: Marine Terminal Officer/Pilot
Job ID: 14416BR
Location: Bonny, Forcados Terminal and Bonga FPSO – Nigeria
You might also like:
Shell Senior Compliance Supervisor, Lifting & Hoisting Job Opening
Shell Maritime HSE Advisor Job Opening
- Provide experienced pilotage, berthing and loading master services to SPDC and SNEPCo for the marine operations of the Bonny and Forcados terminals and SeaEagle and Bonga FPSO.
- Ensure safe, efficient and cost effective crude oil export operations, including management of line boats and crew boats, SPM operations and crude oil loading operations in compliance with Group and International Standards and Guidelines.
- Ensure safe, efficient and cost effective terminal and FPSO marine operations, crude storage, loading operations including infield tugboat and crew boat services, mooring operations, cargo documentation, proper planning of inward and outward clearing of tankers.
- Assist with management of all maritime risks of the terminals and FPSOs, including crude storage and handling, ballasting and hull stresses, tank cleaning and hull integrity checks, safe FPSO mooring.
- Ensure safe execution of all in field marine operations within the 500 meter exclusion zone. Maintain SAR(Search and Rescue) and stand-by capabilities.
- Manage weekly and monthly routine maintenance of the SPM(Single Point Mooring Buoy) and monitor SPM integrity.
- Skill to lead, prepare and apply HSSE Risk Management
- Understand, execute and improve Upstream maritime operations and marine assurance processes
- Ability to investigate and learn from Marine HSSE incidents
- Manage maritime emergency response
- First Class Deck Certificate of Competency (Master Mariner) or equivalent.
- Oil Tanker or LNG tanker experience of at least 7 years and experience in tanker management in a senior role. Passed on site pilot training program with excellent result.
- Passed SPM simulator training with excellent results.
- Experienced in working with tugs and SPM maintenance with A-frame. Passed oil spill response training. Qualified and experienced pilot in West African offshore waters and terminals.
- Sound marine professional with good understanding tanker handling.
- Sound knowledge of tanker loading operations, Q+Q measurements and cargo documentation. Experience of establishing port operating procedures and working closely with government authorities.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Latest Job Opportunities:
Saudi Aramco Latest Jobs
Chronos Consulting Latest Jobs
Shell Latest Jobs
ExxonMobil Latest Jobs
BP Latest Jobs
Statoil Latest Jobs
Baker Hughes Latest Jobs
Huskey Energy Latest Jobs
SubSea 7 Latest Jobs
OneSubsea Latest Jobs