BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, within the Production team, the basic function of the Production Technician is to contribute to the achievement of production targets through the operation and maintenance of fixed plant and association duties in a safe and efficient manner;
Your duties will include:
- Taking personal responsibility for helping the team achieve expected results by doing what is required and taking timely actions within the scope of competence without being supervised
- Performing plant inspections to ensure both HSEC and reliability targets are achieved
- Competently operating all areas of fixed plant including stacking, reclaiming and ship loading
- Operating mobile plant including skid steer loader, forklifts and trucks where required
- Following specific operating procedures and instructions
- Taking responsibility to identify and find solutions to day to day problems and ensure any faults and/or breakdowns are reported immediately
- Instigating appropriate corrective action when a product non-conformance is identified
- Undertaking maintenance tasks within the limits of competence and training
- Undertaking cleanup, dust suppression and housekeeping activities
- Accurately completing documentation and data entry where required, including use of computerised maintenance and warehouse systems
- Undertaking training as required, to gain new skills
- Providing on-the-job training of other Production Technicians where required
- Actively participating in safety meetings and site safety programs
- Actively participating in continuous improvement programs
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Previous experience in mineral processing
- Port Rules & Regulations & Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations
- A knowledge of all port operational sites and operational and support processes
- Experience with fixed plant
- Mobile Plant experience – beneficial
- Tagging regulations and firefighting skills
- Senior First Aid accreditation
- Workplace assessor course
- Advance driver training course
- HR and C class manual drivers licence
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 15,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number – 40161397
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.