ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 27 countries, $53 billion in annual revenue, $117 billion of total assets, and approximately 19,100 employees as of Dec. 31, 2014. Production from continuing operations, excluding Libya, averaged 1,532 MBOED in 2014 and preliminary proved reserves were 8.9 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2014.
Job title: Utility Person – Offshore
Job ID: 00OOG
Location: Offshore, USA
Responsibilities may include:
The Utility may be assigned to work in any department aboard the vessel, and is responsible for housekeeping/sanitation duties in the various areas of the ship. The Utility is required to participate in all drills and emergencies, and assists with the enforcement of rules, regulations, and pollution prevention. Overall, the Utility assists the deck, engine, and galley crews as needed.
When assigned to the engine department, under direction of the First Assistant Engineer, may be responsible for the following:
- Cleans decks and ladder ways
- Replenishes materials and rag bins, empties trash, organizes tools and stores, paints, and assists with maintenance
- Familiar with engineer room spaces to avoid hazards and take the necessary action in time of emergency
- Learns the plant and machinery operation
- Participates in maintenance and upkeep
The Utility, when assigned to the deck department under the direction of the Chief Mate, may perform the following duties:
- Performs sanitation duties in the house, passage spaces, common areas, and heads
- Assists with mooring lines when docking and undocking, and with securing the deck for sea
- Assists with cargo operations
- Assists the deck department in the maintenance and upkeep of the areas and equipment assigned to the deck department
The Utility performs the duties of lookout when arriving or departing a port, or whenever required by the Master.
Relocation is not provided for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Willingness and ability to:
- To be away from home for periods in excess of two months
- Push up to 100 pounds
- Pull up to 100 pounds
- Stand up lift up to 66 pounds
- Level lift up to 66 pounds
- Weight carry up to 66 pounds
- Climb Stairs
- Stand for long periods of time
- Physically attend to vessels including confined space entry and environmental extremes
- Willing and able to climb various ladders and stairs or perform maintenance on equipment are a part of this position. The ladders and stairs range from 5 to 200 feet in height.
- Willing and able to raise and transport articles up to 50 pounds
- Willing and able to walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
- Willing and able to work outside in harsh weather conditions
- Willing and able to work alone a high percentage of the time
- TWIC Card
- RFPNW endorsement on your Merchant Mariner Credentials
- Merchant Mariner’s document (Z-card) with Tankerman Assistant
This position requires you to have a TWIC card (Transportation Workers Identification Credential) to gain access to secure areas of Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA) regulated facilities and vessels. Any candidate selected for this position will not be allowed to begin work without proof of application for this card. Visit the TSA website https://twicprogram.tsa.dhs.gov/TWICWebApp/ for more information.
- Endorsement (not barges)
- Willing and able to work overtime
- Completion of basic safety class
- Previous experience working on a crude oil tanker
- Previous experience working on a product tanker
- Experience in operating a mechanical winch
- Experience in operating a crane
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be organized, efficient, and have problem solving skills
- Firefighting training with in the last 5 years
- RFPEW endorsement on your Merchant Mariner Credentials
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 30, 2015.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW