BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) is Australia’s largest coal producer with currently eight operational mine sites and a coal loading port in Central Queensland. As the world’s largest seaborne coking coal supplier, and part of the BHP Billiton group, BMA is uniquely poised to offer experience and career development opportunities difficult to find elsewhere.
About the role
The Specialist Mine Planning will be engaged in providing specialist advice, executing tasks related to the development and communication of the short to medium term plans, designs, models, schedules and forecasts for the operation. Your knowledge of designing and scheduling will equip you to produce the production plans with critical controls factored in and alignment with production operating standards, procedures and work instructions.
At BHP Billiton we value diversity. Due to the experiences and wide industry knowledge within the current team there is an opportunity to provide training to a professional who wants to gain a role within the mining industry.
- Prepare Draglines and/or Truck & Shovel designs and schedules;
- Communicate the designs and schedules to execution Engineer and Operations;
- Develop and follow the Production Planning standards and processes;
- Participate in the investigation of reported events for Production Planning;
- Participate in training for Production Planning;
- Identify and implement Production Planning improvement initiatives;
- Develop the design for formulation of the budget;
- Build cross-functional relationship with the Operational sub-functions and interact extensively with the Planning sub-functions.
The nature of the role requires a professional who is open to ad hoc travel and willingness to learn. Based in Brisbane, you will be offered a blended role where you will be working in the city and on site from time to time.
The successful candidate will have a tertiary education in Mining, Engineering, Law, Business or Finance with relevant industry experience preferably in Coal Mining, while other commodities will be considered. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel would also be beneficial.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, allowing you to build relationships across departments and to communicate with disciplines at all levels.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW