BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Job title: Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting and Compliance
Job ID: 40126260
Site: Iron Ore Perth Corporate Centre
Location: Australia – Western Australia
Reporting to the Superintendent Financial Reporting and Compliance, within the Finance team your duties will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Statutory Reporting:
- Assist in preparation of statutory accounts for lodgement with ASIC
- Preparation of components of the stewardship review process
- Group External Reporting:
- Preparation of briefing papers for quarterly, half year and year end reporting submissions to Group
- Preparation of accounting treatment papers for technical issues
- Preparation and review of monthly reconciliations
- Joint Venture Reporting
- Preparation of Joint Venture Special Purpose Accounts
- Governance and Compliance
- Participation in the Iron Ore Quarterly Governance Meetings
- Preparation of Group Level Document Gap analysis
- Bachelor of Commerce/Business (Accounting Major)
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Practicing Accountant or working towards certification
- Sound time management – able to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Problem solving – uses logic to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Relating to and Working With People – interacts positively with others and engages in a broad range of positive interpersonal interactions
- Focused and committed to delivering results
- Proficiency with MS Excel.
- 3+ years strong financial accounting experience, including IFRS knowledge. Experience gained in an audit or internal control environment will be well regarded.
- Technical strengths will be complemented by an adaptable and team-spirited approach. A self-starter that strives to provide exceptionally high standards of output and service to internal stakeholders.
- Experience with SAP is an advantage.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW