TOTAL is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world. TOTAL E&P Branch employs 15,000 employees in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Job title: SENIOR EXPLORATION GEOLOGIST – SYNTHESIS / NEW VENTURES
Job ID: 108BR
Our rate of proved reserves replacement reached 136% in 2012 and we aim to grow our production from 2.3 Mboe/d in 2013 by an average of 3% per year by 2015.
These perspectives are supported by a large number of sanctioned Major Projects, currently under final engineering review and/or under development. Beyond these developments, the growth strategy of the Group is based upon an aggressive exploration program, targeting multiple conventional and non conventional thematics worldwide. The drilling of more than 60 exploration wells are planned in 2013 as part of a 2.8 G$ exploration budget.
More than 700 geologists are currently involved worldwide in the Total group to contribute to these challenges, using sophisticated data acquisition & processing methods and powerful in-house integrated workflows and softwares implemented in supercomputers.
Within the Exploration Division and more precisely the New Ventures Group, the Exploration Geology Department is in charge of realizing regional geological studies and evaluating business opportunities (Farm Out’s, International Tenders) for the expansion and the rejuvenation of Total exploration portfolio.
As a Senior Geologist in this group, your main activities will be related to the following tasks:
– Integrate and synthesize all relevant geological data supporting play(s) definition
– Initiate / follow up of geological specialty studies whenever needed (Sedimentology, Geochemistry, Structural Geology, Petrophysics, Fluid data…)
– Perform basin synthesis studies with focus on the description / risking of the various components of petroleum system(s).
– Investigate and propose new themes, new ideas and innovative approaches for worldwide exploration from near-field opportunities to pure frontier exploration.
– Capitalize from the various studies through the generation of reference documents, to reinforce TOTAL experience and share it with the Company exploration community and the corporate Management.
– Participate to International Bidding Rounds and Farm out analysis as Senior member of Geosciences Review Teams, mobilized for these such business opportunities.
– Carry out evaluation of conventional plays, leads and prospects, using classical mapping / modeling techniques, leading to volumetric calculations as well as relevant uncertainty analysis and risk assessments.
– Contribute to peer-assist and corporate management reviews for the final sanction of these business opportunities.
Your Career Evolution, in Head Quarters and in Affiliates, based upon your performances and demonstrated skills but also your personal wishes, will bring you either towards Managerial opportunities (Asset Team Leader, Geosciences Management) or Senior Technical Advisory positions.
Education and experience:
PhD or Master’s degree from a world class Geology University, possibly completed with a specialization (Post-Graduate) degree.
8+ years of relevant experience in an Oil Company (Integrated Major or Independent).
Creative thinking, intellectual curiosity and rigor, reliability, autonomy, adaptability, mobility and relationship skills in multi-cultural environments are compulsory to succeed in this position.
Fluent spoken and written English is mandatory
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW