Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Job title: Procurement Operations Specialist (Marine Operation)
Job ID: CIPL41533
Location: Singapore Raffles Place, Singapore, Singapore
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Procurement Operations Specialist (Marine Operation) located in Chevron House, Singapore through June 10, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
This position will be the central liaison for Chevron Marine Lubricant operations in AP region, spanning across 13 countries. The key responsibility is to provide regional oversight and manage marine lubricant delivery in AP, including supply chain and operation management, network planning & optimization, quality management and customer & supplier relationship management.
This position reports to the AP Procurement Operations Supervisor and will be part of the DS&C Lubricant team.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for smooth and efficient marine lube delivery at various AP locations, including operation management, supply crisis resolution, distribution network strategy review and long range business plan.
- Manages internal and external stakeholder relationships through proactive engagement and communication. Positively influences cross-functional relationships.
- Demonstrates experience and capability to be the region go-to SME (Subject Matter Expert) and represent AP on the Global Marine Supply Chain roundtable.
- Understands complexity of marine business and guide various stakeholders to develop SLA (Service Level Agreement) and SOP (Standard Operating Procedure). Provides expertise and commercial input to Delivery Agent sourcing and contracting.
- Proactively pursues continuous improvements such as cost reduction initiatives, process improvement and network optimization opportunities.
- Manages operation changes. Ensures smooth implementation and seamless hand over for downstream execution. Provides regional consultation and resolve issues post implementation.
- Follows up on customer feedback and operating incidents reported. Leads and works with team mates on investigation. Ensures corrective actions are communicated and implemented to stakeholders (internal / external / delivery agents / customers). Shares best practices within/across regions.
- Acts as resource for AP region’s marine operation audit. Manages results and gap closure through use of internal system. Integrates and aligns operation processes to our Operational Excellence (OE) expectations.
- Diploma or Bachelor degree holder in Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering, Maritime or any related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience gained from Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Marine, or any related industry
- Strong operation management, multi-stakeholders communication skill and effective negotiation skill are essential to this job.
- Ability to manage complex inter-related manufacturing, logistics and supply operations.
- Project management knowledge and experience with SAP is a plus.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in Singapore under the local payroll system and benefits.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW