- Promote HSE awareness and ensure that all UZ750 Project HSE requirements are implemented and adhered to.
- Responsible for construction Electrical activities through the contractors supervision in respect of HSE, method, working practices, quality and timely execution of the works.
- Act as COMPANY site representative on all site Electrical construction works.
- To be fully familiar with the assigned scope of work and interfaces with existing facilities, other projects and Electrical.
- To be fully familiar with the ZADCO and Contractor HSE requirements and procedures.
- Provide effective and practical construction input to ensure constructability aspects of Project Execution are adequately considered. In particular; on long term schedule planning and short term forward planning with anticipation of P50 (or higher) certain delivery.
- Advise Instrumentation UZ750 Project staff on best practices.
- Responsible for the Instrumentation UZ750 Project staff aspect of Risk Management to ensure all risks/opportunities are identified and appropriate controls/mitigations developed and implemented.
- Responsible for Instrumentation coordination with regard to SIMOPS
- Ensure that construction hazards and risks are fully considered by designers and contractors and that appropriate mitigation actions are implemented and appropriate action taken.
- To be fully familiar with the contractors methods of construction, schedule and procedure
- Initiate and manage the Instrumentation project element of the continuous improvement processes.
- Ensure contractor produces appropriate execution documents in a timely manner and monitor approval / compliance.
- Monitors progress and performance of the construction contractor to ensure that he performs to the approved schedule, specification and standards.
- Interface with other IPMT groups as required ensuring a good relationship for timely and effective release of Contractors data/drawings and resolution of problems.
- Review look-ahead schedules & ensure future work Instrumentation interface issues are communicated and resolved.
- Monitor site activities for potential contractual/claims problems. Maintain records of site activities and check Contractor records for accuracy.
- Carry out inspection, surveillance witnessing of contractor activities, ensuring records are maintained, including as-built data.
- Endorse daily progress report and time sheets. Detailing the work progress, number of contractor personnel and equipment available on site and other related items identified in the scope of work.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or trade qualifications preferred however relevant work experience may be accepted with necessary justification as required.
- Minimum of ten years post graduate experience with minimum seven years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry with comprehensive hands-on experience in Construction Engineering
- Good HSE awareness and commitment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good technical, team and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and coordinating to develop solutions to complex problems
- Experience with contractors and/or Operating Companies, in particular those involved in the construction of major Oil and Gas facilities.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW