1) conducting research and analysis of the global energy market (both short and long term) and of crude trade.
2) Participating in the formulation of long term strategies and short term approach for the placement/markets of crude oil in major consumer markets.
3). Evaluating new market opportunities for Saudi Aramco crude oil.
4) Studying, analyzing and assessing potential technological developments in all fields pertaining to energy, and conducting in-depth studies on technologies that may result in deviations from the current trends of the supply/demand patterns.
5) Developing modeling tools that forecasts the world energy outlook and world economies using advance forecasting techniques.
6) Evaluate trends and developments in the global refining sector. All
aspects of this position should be handled with reasonable independence.
Duties And Responsibilities:
A. Identifies crude sales opportunities and develops markets for Saudi crude oil.
B. Makes contacts with potential buyers and develops and negotiates price, delivery, quality and quantity terms for crude term, spot or incremental sales for Saudi crude oil.
C. Maintains relationships with existing clients. Handles contract negotiations, discusses necessary cutbacks in contracted deliveries to meet quota requirements or discusses possible client increases in nominations at times when the quota is not in effect.
D. Monitors crude pricing, relative crude values and other market trends in the area of assignment.
E. Coordinates with the SPI N.Y., SPOL, London & Tokyo Operations organization to ensure that customers’ crude delivery requirements are met.
A. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics or Engineering. An MBA may also be an advantage.
B. 10-12 years progressive, relevant experience in the oil marketing, sales, trading or oil supply field. Supervisory or managerial experience is also desirable.