Shell is currently looking to recruit a high-calibre MBA Graduate to complete an Assessed Internship as Strategy Consultant within the Trading & Supply organization. Successful candidate will be based in the Shell office in London – UK.
The Strategy Consultant reports to the Strategy and Market Analysis Team Lead and will be responsible for analyzing all gas and power market issues in Europe.
The Intern will contribute to:
- generation of a globally consistent perspective of market dynamics on a monthly basis
- support for the gas and power traders
- informing the quarterly market outlooks
- providing shorter term market data for other members of the Analysis Team and indeed the wider Downstream organisation
From day one, the Intern will have the opportunity to work alongside an incredibly diverse group of people who encourage you to use your knowledge and skills in innovative ways on projects.
Key deliverable of the Internship project is to develop a competitive advantage in fundamentals. Intern will support the strategy and market analysis team and provide fundamentals of the gas and power markets in Europe.
Intern will also work together with the other members of the team to promote an integrated approach to identifying, capturing, evaluating, retrieving, and sharing all of Marketing Strategy & Market Analysis (MSA) information assets, with the main goal to reduce the duplication of effort and costs.
Key interfaces are: the MSA team and the rest of Shell Energy Europe (SEE) organisation.
- Knowledge management: review data infrastructure of strategy and market analysis by streamlining, adding missing info
- Develop and communicate one or more new insights (i.e.: direction of longer term pricing, views on volatility development) to help traders to get long term structural positions in their books
- Provide project specific analytical support to the European gas and power traders on an ad-hoc basis
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the dynamics of the market within the regions and countries of responsibility to be able to provide quick response analysis in the event of major market disruptions, describing both the impacts on own geographies and global / inter-regional implications.
- You are currently a high performing full-time MBA and therefore have the ability to look at problems from a different perspective, provide innovative solutions and create a shared vision.
- Having had experience of working with different cultures, you’ll have superior communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships. You can operate at all levels with internal and external stakeholders on an international basis.
- Your analytical and organisational skills will be highly developed and you’ll be able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen. You have the ability to drive and deliver quickly. The ability to negotiate effectively is key, as well as your strong leadership skills and project management expertise.
- Quantitative skills & Statistics & Probability
- Strong analysis skills
- Market analysis / Gas & Power
- Computing skills (database, data analysis, data management)
- Energy, Utilities, currency background
The Internship project will last between 10 to 12 weeks, to be confirmed.