Amec Foster Wheeler currently has a requirement for an Unconventional Gas Specialist to work on the Unconventional Gas Development Program in Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia. This is a project for which we have been awarded contracts by our client for the provision of engineering and project management services. The program covers three field areas in different parts of Saudi Arabia with potential further field developments to be added later as the Program develops and expands.
The Unconventional Gas development program is focused on increasing gas production via the development of shale gas and tight gas resources in the Kingdom. The new sources of gas are intended to displace middle and heavy distillate fuels currently used in power generation within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Amec Foster Wheeler’s scope of work relates to the surface facilities from wellhead to gas delivery to the customer and will include concept study, front-end engineering design and other engineering services, including cost estimates, preparation of contract bid packages, assistance in the evaluation of bids and placement of purchase orders for long-lead equipment items. We may also be requested to assist in managing engineering, procurement and construction contracts in connection with the program. The award is of three years’ duration, with an option to extend the contracts for a further two years.
Amec Foster Wheeler is committed to managing the program from its Al-Khobar office, where its project management team will be based for the duration of the contract. This represents an excellent development opportunity for individuals interested in working in Saudi Arabia.
- Support the client’s project manager to ensure that the program level directions, project goals and objectives are met
- Display a strong understanding and direct project experience of the specific design challenges associated with unconventional resources projects
- Lead and advise teams in the development of unconventional resources facilities concept designs
- Provide information on the North American unconventional resources industry, how it’s developed and how key lessons learned can be incorporated into the development of the Saudi Arabian unconventional resources industry
- Display experience in the fluid characteristics and behaviour in unconventional resources field production
- Guide the client’s strategy in unconventional resources
- Undertake the role of an advisor to the client, working alone and often presenting solutions to their top management on unconventional resources project development
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW