An integral part of Australia’s energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing. Origin is the largest energy retailer in Australia, and with 4.3 million customers we’re constantly evolving and changing to better suit their needs. Our activities include power generation, energy trading, the sale of LPG, electricity, natural gas and solar as well as the development of new and emerging technologies. Consider your possibilities with Australia’s leading integrated energy company.
- Exciting new business development opportunity
- Negotiable salary + Benefits
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Application close date: 26th August 2016
Origin Energy is seeking an outstanding New Business Manager to work a defined territory in the Sydney Metropolitan area. Based at our Minto terminal, you will drive new business LPG sales by achieving volume and gross margin targets within our Origin LPG business.
Origin LPG forms part of Origin’s Energy Markets business and in this role you will be responsible for winning new business through prospecting, marketing campaigns and network referral partnerships. Once the business is secured by contract and installation, the client will be handed over to the appropriate Account Manager for on-going management.
Reporting into the NSW C&I Sales Manager, this position will play an integral role in identifying new Commercial and Industrial business opportunities and driving customer fulfilment in the SME market.
Key responsibilities include:
- Achieving growth in new business sales of LPG and related products and services to customers in your allocated territory
- Developing a sales pipeline through cold calling and prospecting and maintaining a CRM tool for forecasting purposes and measuring sales conversion ratios
- Supporting the development and implementation of marketing campaigns and strategies to identify new business opportunities and using referral programs to enhance channels to market
- Developing and maintaining competitor activity and market intelligence on a weekly basis
Is This You?
This role would suit a results orientated “hunter” who thrives on winning new business and has a strong track record in successful cold calling and building a robust sales pipeline. Prior LPG experience or transport industry related experience would be an advantage however not essential.
Other key attributes of the successful candidate will include:
- Knowledge and evidence of previous territory planning
- Preparation and delivery of sales presentations to all levels of management
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to successfully complete tasks on time and to a high standard
- Ability to identify cross-selling opportunities
This position will require flexibility in hours worked and may require regional travel as well as interstate travel from time to time. Applicants must have a current driver’s license.
Candidates with a background or experience in transport and/or logistics will be highly regarded.
On offer is an exciting opportunity to work for an ASX listed company in a role that gives you complete autonomy and where you are responsible for your own results. You will be in a role that presents a clear progression path where the opportunities are endless, all whilst enjoying the recognition and benefits that Origin Energy has to offer. Also included in your package are a competitive incentive plan, company car, mobile phone, tablet and laptop.
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW