AGL is one of Australia’s leading integrated energy companies and largest ASX listed owner, operator and developer of renewable energy generation in the country. Drawing on over 175 years of experience, AGL operates retail and merchant energy businesses, power generation assets and an upstream gas portfolio. AGL has one of Australia’s largest retail energy and dual fuel customer bases. AGL has a diverse power generation portfolio including base, peaking and intermediate generation plants, spread across traditional thermal generation as well as renewable sources including hydro, wind, landfill gas and biomass. AGL is taking action toward creating a sustainable energy future for our investors, communities and customers.
Job no: 495358
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC – Melbourne CBD
Categories: Energy Trading, Strategy
About the Role
The Manager Strategy & Planning will support the Wholesale Gas leadership team in developing an integrated portfolio strategy across wholesale gas, and the electricity portfolio (in relation to gas fired generation assets). The role will support the Wholesale Gas Leadership Team in developing a whole of business strategy for business development, portfolio supply, sales and marketing and growth opportunities. The role also exists to lead a team of market specialists that provide clarity on the Wholesale Gas Portfolio at all times.
- Lead the development of Wholesale Gas’s medium term (1 to 10 years) portfolio
- Interact with a range of stakeholders across AGL Finance, Risk, Business Customers and Retail Energy to ensure the Wholesale Gas strategy meets the requirements of the wider business.
- Clearly communicate insights and analysis to the team and the AGL business, gauging an understanding and appreciation of the impact of these insights
- Assist with the preparation of recommendations on business opportunities including oversight of competitor analysis and evaluation of external factors.
- On-going management and lead development of all gas portfolio management systems
- Lead a diverse team of highly analytical minded individuals, encouraging growth and capability
- Build and maintain the analytical gas market knowledge, increase capability in building the gas portfolio across the team
- Commodity portfolio management, preferably in gas and electricity
- Exceptional and demonstrated leadership experience
- Gas Supply planning and strategy experience either in a downstream or upstream environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey complex analytical results and insights clearly, alongside confident presentation skills
- Good understanding of the gas and LNG industry along with knowledge of currency and commodity trading.
- Passion, energy and tenacity
- A tertiary qualification in a strategic or analytical discipline preferred, post graduate qualifications such as MBA, strongly preferred
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Chantal Vallence 03 8633 6923
To apply online, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW