Husky Energy is one of Canada’s largest integrated energy companies. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, it operates in Western and Atlantic Canada, the United States and the Asia Pacific Region with Upstream and Downstream business segments. As a diversified and integrated company, we offer career opportunities across our varied businesses, with a strong portfolio of near, mid and long-term projects. We have opportunities in Engineering, Geology, Procurement, Finance, IT and Field Operations.
Job title: Supply & Distribution Representative
Job: Supply Chain Management
Primary Location: US-OH-Columbus
Application Deadline Date: Nov 17, 2016, 1:59:00 AM
Job ID: 00128751-20161102
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky Marketing & Supply Company (HMSC) has an exciting opportunity for a Supply & Logistics Representative to join their team. This role will be responsible for optimizing and executing the supply and distribution of HMSC’s refined and chemical products.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Function as an integral member of HMSC’s supply and distribution team.
- Manage product nominations accurately determining, prioritizing, and executing optimal supply plan.
- Successfully toggle between various light product transportation modes to include truck, rail, barge, and pipe, managing nuances unique to each mode option.
- Work with fungible terminal and transportation systems to maintain proper operational inventories.
- Facilitate product transfers while following all risk management and regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Monitor and update all nomination changes and disruptions always seeking to mitigate negative impacts to profitability and customer contract adherence.
- Manage refinery inventory levels of gas, diesel, and jet on daily basis, executing build/draw plans as desired to optimize profitability.
- Reasonably assess disruptions, production changes, pipeline allocations, terminal issues, pipeline issues, with expertise and calm focusing on mitigating losses and protecting corporate values.
- Volumetrically manage bulk movements across various modes, including in tank transfers, advising internal groups of recommendations.
- Volumetrically manage buy/sell exchange agreements.
- Daily actualization of product movements in system to ensure accurate and timely accounting.
- Maintain and provide appropriate reporting mechanisms.
- Provide adequate back-up to other supply and logistics representatives as needed.
- Effectively manage and nurture internal and external business partner relationships to execute optimal nomination expectations with minimal disruptions.
- Coordinate with Senior Scheduler and Accounting personnel to accurately measure monthly balancing of book to physical inventories.
- Liaise with and coordinate communication protocol between internal departments.
- Actively participate in daily huddles and various logistics, marketing, and refinery meetings.
- Manage tank farm volumes supporting inventory management goals.
- Liaise with refinery personal to identify and coordinate feedstock movements supporting optimal production.
- Travel to industry seminars, refinery meetings, and various business partner engagements that support group initiatives.
- Expanded product knowledge to include various winter and summer gasoline grades, diesel products, blending components, bio diesel, and ethanol.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Management, Economics, Finance, or equivalent
- MBA is an asset
- 1 – 3 years logistics experience would be an asset
- 1 – 3 years relevant industry experience would be an asset
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well under pressure and extreme deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with personnel at various levels both internally and externally.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Experience using SAP
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW