Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of nearly 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
This role supports Asset Management in three key areas:
- Lead the development, continuous improvement and maintenance of all project management systems, processes, tools and benchmarking to drive consistent and efficient project delivery across all S&M Capex and Revex programs
- Ownership of the Nostra system: including data entry / extraction processes to support monthly MI-reporting and compliance / self-verification audits. Participation in Nostra Working Group as ANZ MS&L representative
- Assist in the production of monthly MI-Reports (Portfolio, Governance, CBM)
Sub-category: Project Services
Countries (State/Region): Australia – Victoria
- As a member of the Nostra Working Group, support improvements to Nostra by managing the local CFR (Call For Requirements) process and proposing key system improvements to the Steering Committee
- Manage month end project reporting process, demonstrating best practice in data collection efficiency, data quality, and visualisation.
- Establish / refine OMS 5.1 self-verification protocol and processes to support use of Nostra as a OMS 5.1 self-verification audit tool
- Participate in month-end planning process and undertake project coordination activities (roster)
- Participate in ongoing system maintenance, user support, new user training and troubleshooting of TimeControl, Nostradamus, Livelink, etc.
Optimisation & Results
- Proactively identify / drive continuous improvement opportunities with Asset Management Project Delivery Leads / Advisors to improve delivery efficiencies through robust processes and benchmarking data
- Work closely with Program Lead and Performance Analyst, develop and improve on monthly MI-Reports to feed into Portfolio, Governance and CBM-Projects to drive robust conversations
- Seek to continuously improve data visualisations and MI-Reports production through automation (via Tableau), integrating data from B2C Growth Tracker, Nostra and SAP (BW)
Metrics & Reporting
- Support the annual capital planning process by managing multiple inputs and calibrate against benchmarking data
- Support the establishment of fit-for-purpose project management metrics, including training as required, to facilitate project delivery performance management by Regional Asset Managers
Formal tertiary qualification in Engineering, Mathematics, other numerical discipline or Project Management qualification
Essential experience and job requirements
- Interface and manage expectations across diverse group of stakeholders, including Asset Management Project Delivery Leads/Advisors, business stakeholders (Finance, Retail Operations, Marketing etc.) and Nostra community (Central Projects Team, Denver Technologies)
- Able to discern, produce and iteratively improve on various MI-Reports to facilitate robust discussions at monthly Portfolio, Governance and CBM-Projects reviews
- Able to efficiently manipulate or automate large datasets to produce required monthly MI-Reports through the use of visualisation software (i.e. Tableau) in tight monthly schedules
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- 3-5 years construction, project control or project engineering experience
- Strong analytical, financial, cost and performance management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and able to drive organisation change (process or culture) to improve performance
- Excellent team player, able to build working relationships across teams
- Working knowledge of project management supportive functions such as project accounting, cost estimating / forecasting, planning / scheduling
- Ability to drive continuous improvement, and attention to detail whilst working to tight monthly MI-reporting schedule
Software / Systems Capabilities:
- Working knowledge and experience with SAP, Nostra (proprietary), BW
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of data manipulation / analysis software or programming language, i.e. Tableau, VBA, SQL, etc.
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW