The overarching objective of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction. The Bank will invest in infrastructure that unlocks the potential of the private sector, championing gender equality and community participation. It will help improve skills for competitiveness, ensuring that those skills better match the opportunities and requirements of local job markets.
- Position title: Director of the Office of the Senior Vice President and Senior Management Coordinating Committee Secretariat
- Grade: EL5
- Position N°: 50092072
- Reference: ADB/17/011
- Publication date: 16/02/2017
- Closing date: 09/03/2017
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Senior Vice-Presidency is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve it strategic objective, and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results. The Senior Vice-President will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions. The Senior Vice-President will lead senior management discussions, decisions-making process and the implementation of key Board and Management decisions.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The Director for the Senior Vice-President and Senior Management Coordinating Committee Secretariat Department role is to coordinate and support the Senior Vice-President in the execution of responsibilities related to: (i) coordinating the implementation of Bank-wide activities; (ii) monitoring of corporate performance and results; (iii) ensuring organizational effectiveness; and (iv) overseeing organizational units reporting directly to the Senior Vice-President. The Director for the Senior Vice-President and Senior Management Coordinating Committee Secretariat also plays the role of the Senior Management Committee Meeting Secretariat, and supports the Senior Vice-President in Board and Board Committee meetings.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Vice-President, the Director for Senior Vice-President and Senior Management Coordinating Committee Secretariat will:
1. Support the Senior Vice-President in the management of the Institution.
2. Ensure overall coordination of the management of Bank activities.
3. Coordinate the arbitration of resource uses to ensure alignment with institutional priorities and strategies
4. Coordinate the monitoring of corporate performance and the elaboration of required corrective measures and actions.
5. Coordinate the implementation of cross-complex initiatives and institutional reforms to achieve organizational effectiveness, drive efficiency and enhance delivery.
1. Spearhead the development and review of themes relating to the enhancement of Bank policies, strategies and programs.
2. Provide leadership and coordination to the development of the new Development and Business Delivery model.
3. Provide leadership to and coordination to the development of the Decentralization Action Plan.
4. Support the constitution and leadership of the Transformation Management Team.
5. Provide leadership to the teams in charge of improving processes for increased internal efficiency in place.
6. Responsible for the overall coordination of the activities of the units directly attached to the Senior Vice President.
7. Lead the preparation and implementation of the front office work program, resource allocation and management budgets, and human resources. Provide direction and guidance to the front office staff in the execution of their respective functions.
8. Serve as the Secretary to the Senior Management Coordinating Committee, and provides guidance to the Senior Management Coordinating Committee Secretariat.
9. Support the Senior Vice-President in Board and Board Committee meetings.
10. Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the business lines managed by Front Office Staff.
11. Support the Senior Vice-President in interacting and collaborating with key stakeholders.
12. On behalf of the Senior Vice President, monitor the performance of the External offices attached directly to the Senior Vice-President, coordinates and monitors special initiatives as assigned by the Senior Vice-President.
13. Coordinate, under the direction of the Senior Vice-President, the implementation of the decentralization Action Plan.
14. Provide support to the Senior Vice-President on Mission Clearances for Vice-President’s as well as managers and staff reporting directly to the Senior Vice-President.
15. First line focal point for the Presidency, the Asia External Representation, the Office of the Secretary General and General Secretariat, the Committee of the Whole, the Credit Risk Committee, the Senior Management Coordinating Committee, the Group Risk Management Directorate & the Purchasing Committee.
16. Perform other duties assigned by the Vice-President.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. A minimum of a Master’s degree or its equivalent in business administration, management, finance, economics or other relevant fields.
2. A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience, at least five (5) years of which at senior level; solid credibility on development issues underpinned by multiple regional (world) and cross-sectoral experience; understanding of both public and private sector perspectives; experience in change management would be an asset.
3. Track record of thinking conceptually and mastering complex subject matters quickly.
4. Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans, and solutions to identified issues and problems.
5. Proven ability to assimilate information gathered through research and consultations, to apply that information in creative and cross-cutting ways, and to synthesize appropriate strategies and responses.
6. Superior critical thinking skills, including the capacity to identify and appropriately assess and order competing interests and priorities.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present complex and technical issues to non-technicians.
8. Ability to work effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
9. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is a plus.
|INFORMATION ON THE POSITION:
||THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK GROUP HAS RETAINED CA GLOBAL HEADHUNTERS (PTY) LTD TO ASSIST WITH THIS APPOINTMENT. TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND A FULL CV TOGETHER WITH A SUPPORTING STATEMENT HIGHLIGHTING YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS AGAINST THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE, TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE QUOTE THE ROLE TITLE AND ASSIGNMENT CODE PBA002 IN THE SUBJECT HEADING OF THE EMAIL. TELEPHONE: +27 (0) 21 659 9200 WEBSITE: http://www.ca-finance.com/latest-jobs/
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW