Suncor Energy is Canada’s energy company – meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada. And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
LOCATION: St. Johns, Newfoundland and Labrador (CA-NL)
JOB NUMBER: 11143
Looking for a unique opportunity to work with our operations maintenance team in St. John’s? Reporting to the scheduling lead, you will assist with maintenance work planning, schedule development, coatings material selection and equipment issues.
- Plan and prioritize offshore fabric maintenance work
- Collect key performance indicator data and report on the progress of the project
- Collaborate with the execution coordinator and maintenance planner to review plans and ensure maximum efficiency in offshore execution and future plan reviews
- Implement maintenance plan changes in SAP
- Assist offshore technicians with maintenance plans review and creation of new plans
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly report preparation
Experience and Education:
- Interest in a career in the offshore oil and gas industry in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor of science in engineering degree at an accredited post-secondary institution, and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Attach your transcripts with your application in order to be considered; clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with intermediate to advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with SAP is considered an asset
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a variety of projects and a high degree of self-motivation and ingenuity
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- This is a four-month work term, starting in May 2017
Start your career at one of Canada’s leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth – Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW