Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. It consists of the businesses of Upstream, Integrated Gas, Downstream, and Projects & Technology. With approximately 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories, Shell is helping to meet the world’s growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Auto req ID 50020BR
Job Title Solar Business Development Manager, Americas
Country of Work Location United States
City, State (if applicable) Houston, Texas
Job Description Shell aims to provide customers, large and small with clean, affordable and reliable energy solutions. Recognising that solar PV is set to play a major role in the energy system, Shell aims to develop solar PV projects and build a solar development and asset management capability and industry partnerships.The Solar Business Development Manager will identify and prioritise markets, segments and propositions in US and Latin America that have compelling market and commercial drivers, leverage Shell’s footprint and operations (e.g. trading, gas, commercial sales) and have the potential to provide future scale and appropriate returns.The role will lead the origination and delivery of solar PV projects in the prioritized markets. The primary focus of the role is utility-scale solar PV and PV with storage, through competitive processes and bi-lateral off take agreements with customers. Establishing industrial partnerships to support origination and delivery is expected to be an important part of the role. Identification and delivery of M&A opportunities, from due diligence to deal completion, for project pipelines and operational assets is within scope.In addition, this role will be responsible for originating and managing a pipeline of projects, establishing commercial viability, negotiating PPAs, supporting project finance negotiations and working closely with the Solar Execution team to deliver projects to NTP. This will involve co-ordination of internal and external parties to reach investment decisions and management of project development budget. The role will work closely with colleagues across New Energies and Shell globally to develop innovative deal structures around PV and broader energy offerings.
- At least 8 years’ experience in power and renewables commercial roles
- Experienced new business developer with a track record in originating and delivering solar PV deals, including negotiating off take agreements and financing and negotiating joint development/partnership agreements;
- Evidence of developing innovative commercial propositions;
- Experience of buying, financing and divesting solar assets at different stages of development and operation; asset management experience an advantage;
- Deep understanding of risk and value drivers in solar PV projects;
- Good industry networks in US and/or Latin America;
- Self-starter, able to work under little supervision and rapidly build networks, whilst balancing the need to manage internal and external stakeholders to get projects delivered;
- Comfortable operating in an evolving organization and able to contribute to the development and growth of a new team;
- Experience of working in a large company and delivering projects across organizational boundaries is an advantage;
- Able to prioritise time and effort to deliver greatest impact;
- High personal standards in regard to professional code of conduct.
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW