Chevron, NNPC, Seplat, ExxonMobil and TOTAL amongst leading organisations to feature on the Agenda
The Petroleum Technology Association of Nigeria (PETAN) has confirmed the full conference programme for the West African International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference 2018 (WAIPEC) ahead of the eagerly awaited event which will open its doors to delegates and visitors next week (7th February).
Following on from the success of its maiden edition in 2017, WAIPEC 2018 is set to once again deliver high level strategic sessions and discussions on game changing solutions for the industry, combined with an international exhibition, ensuring that all participants in the oil and gas community can share views, develop partnerships and attract investment.
Industry leaders and expert speakers have been drawn from key stakeholders to lead discussions and provide invaluable insight at WAIPEC 2018. The theme for 2018 is ‘Innovention – Sustaining West African oil and gas production through innovation and collaboration.’
After the opening address, proceedings will begin on day one with a keynote from Dr Maikanti Baru, Group Managing Director, NNPC, highlighting how Nigeria and African oil and gas industries can compete effectively in today’s challenging market. This will be followed by Austin Avuru, CEO, Seplat Petroleum Development Company, discussing the future of the global oil and gas industry in the next decade and the impact on the African region.
An expert panel discussion will explore ‘Africa competing in today’s challenging markets,’ featuring; Jeffrey Ewing, Chairman and Managing Director, Chevron Nigeria Limited, Egbert Faibille Jnr, Ag. CEO, Petroleum Commission, Ghana, Ademola Adeyemi–Bero, Managing Director/CEO, First E&P, Chairman, Independent Petroleum Producers Group, Frank Mugisha, Ag. Commissioner, Petroleum Directorate, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development, Uganda, Paul McGrath, Lead Country Manager, ExxonMobil Upstream Companies in Nigeria and Rabiu Bello, COO Upstream, NNPC.
Funding and investment in the sector will also be of paramount focus for the conference and contributions will come from representatives including; Tony Attah, Managing Director, Nigerian LNG Limited, Bola Adesola, Managing Director/CEO, (Nigeria and West Africa), Standard Chartered Bank, Roland Ewubare, GGM, National Petroleum Investment Management Services, Oluwafemi Adesanya, Senior Trade Advisor, Department for International Trade, British Deputy High Commission, Nigeria, Engr. Simbi Wabote, The Executive Secretary, NCDMB, Michael Kimbi Tchenga, Head of Trade, Department for International Trade, British High Commission, Cameroon and Dolapo Oni, VP/Head, Energy Research, Ecobank Development Company (EDC) Nigeria Ltd.
The National Gas Flare Commercialization Program is a key topic for day two with discussions from Dada Thomas, President, Nigerian Gas Association, Gbite Adeniji, Senior Technical Adviser on Upstream & Gas, Ministry of Petroleum, Saidu Muhammad, Chief Operating Officer, Gas & Power, NNPC, André Hue, Deputy Country Director, AFD and Mordecai Ladan, Director, Department of Petroleum Resources.
Further discussions will focus on ‘driving regional local content collaboration, standardisation and growth, featuring industry feedback on policies and factors encouraging and limiting growth and recommended solutions. Participants on day two will also hear from;
- Rabiu Suleiman, Executive Director/Coordinator, Refinery, Downstream and Infrastructural Development, NNPC, Capt. Emmanuel Ihenacho, Chairman, Integrated Oil and Gas Limited,
- Giuseppe Surace, COO, Dangote Refineries, Dangote Group, Hilary Akpan – General Manager – Gas, NAPIMS
- Austin Uzoka, Nigerian Content Manager, SNEPCo,
- Ainslie Boswell, Business Development Consultant (Oil & Gas Engineering), Megchem,
- Architect Okunola Odusote, Managing Director, Popham Walter Odusote Ltd,
- Dr. Juliette Twumasi-Anokye, Managing Partner, Anojul Afriyie & Co.,
- Olusoga Oduselu, General Manager, Nigerian Content Development, Chevron Nigeria Limited.
- Dr. Babatunde Victor Adeniran, Chief Operating Officer, Ventures, NNPC
- Hon. Emmanuel Ekon, Chairman – House Committee on Local Content, National Assembly
- Yewande Sadiku, Executive Secretary, Nigerian Investment Promotion Council, (NIPC)
- Patrick Obah, Executive Director, Planning and Research, NCDMB
- Mr. Vassilis, Manufacturing Association of Nigeria – Local Content
- Dr. Amy Jadesimi, Managing Director – LADOL integrated Logistics Free Zone
- Uche Okeke, General Manager, Local Content, TOTAL, Nigeria
- Valentine Agwu, General Manager- Supply Chain Management & Nigerian Content, Addax Petroleum
WAIPEC 2018 proceedings will close with PETAN outlining its ambitions and challenges to the government – drawing up a roadmap for the next 21 months and a call to action – expectations from PETAN, the wider industry and other key stakeholders.
Over 200 companies will be participating at WAIPEC 2018 in total, with an international exhibition running alongside the conference showcasing all of the latest products and services. Visitors can still register to attend the WAIPEC exhibition for free at www.waipec.com.