Karlsruhe, Germany – A release of chlorine gas left 40 people injured at a clinic swimming pool in Germany’s south-western state of Baden-Wuerttemberg.
A police statement said on Tuesday morning that one person sustained moderate injuries while 39 others had lesser injuries at the Sankt Rochus clinic.
The incident apparently arose from a maintenance error. Police said they cleared the area along with firefighting services.
Chlorine is used in swimming pools as a disinfecting agent but is toxic to the respiratory system.