The 6th Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS), organized by the World Ocean Council (WOC), will take place in Hong Kong, 14-16 November 2018 around the theme: “Ocean Sustainable Development – Connecting Asia and the World” and with Mr. Kenneth C. K. Koo, TCC Group Chairman and CEO, as Conference Chair.
Over the years, the SOS has become the premier forum for advancing industry leadership ocean sustainable development, science and stewardship. The global ocean business community will gather at SOS in Hong Kong – leading a global maritime hub for Asian shipping – to tackle the critical industry challenges facing the growth of the sustainable Blue Economy.
The SOS 2018 Program
Leadership companies, industry organizations and other ocean stakeholders, will come together again this year at the SOS 2018 in Hong Kong – a global maritime center for Asian ocean industries – to tackle critical industry challenges and opportunities.
The global ocean business community will meet over three days at the SOS 2018 to explore some topics such as Asian Ports and Sustainable Development, Shipbuilding for Sustainability, Women in Ocean Industries, Ocean and Climate, Ocean Investment Platform and Asian Shipping…through plenaries, workshops, and several parallel sessions.
The SOS 2018 theme of “Ocean Sustainable Development – Connecting Asia and the World” recognizes:
• The major role that Asia plays in the global economy through trade and maritime transport.
• The size and growth of the economies and population of Asian countries.
• The national, regional and international importance of many key ocean industries in Asia, g. shipping, shipbuilding, fisheries, aquaculture, etc.
• The global interconnectedness of the ocean, the ocean economy and the ocean business community.
• The need to address ocean sustainable development and the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at a global scale with all ocean business sectors.
The World Ocean Council (WOC) is proud to announce that Mr. Kenneth C. K. Koo, TCC Group Chairman and CEO, is the Conference Chair for the 6th Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS), Hong Kong, 14-16 November 2018.
Kenneth Koo, TCC Group Chairman and CEO, stated, “I am honored to be the Conference Chair for the World Ocean Council’s 2018 Sustainable Ocean Summit, with its theme of ‘Ocean Sustainable Development – Connecting Asia and the World’. The SOS brings together the international ocean business community to advance collaboration on ‘Corporate Ocean Responsibility’ and I encourage leadership companies from all ocean industries to attend”.