Amni Petroleum, others move to spud two oil wells in Ghana

Amni International Petroleum Development Company Limited, a Nigerian company and other partners have intensified their efforts to spud two wells in Central Tano Block is in the Deepwater Tano Basin, offshore western Ghana.

Investigation showed that the company and others have increased the pace of work, targeted at meeting set target.

A message posted at its website, Amni indicated that: ‘’Amni is currently advancing their technical evaluation of the acreage with plans to spud the first of two commitment wells in early 2018.’’

The company stated that: ‘’The Central Tano Block is in the Deepwater Tano Basin, offshore western Ghana. It is bounded by the Jubilee Field to the east and the TEN Fields to the west.

‘’Amni holds a 90% interest in the acreage and is operator with partner GNPC controlling the remaining 10%. Positioned in the heart of the most productive area of the Tano Basin, the 277.9 km2 block contains exploration targets at the same reservoir levels found in Jubilee and surrounding fields.

‘’The Central Tano Block is the relinquished portion of the original Deepwater Tano Block. The Deepwater Tano Block was awarded to Tullow Oil and partners and contains the Jubilee field. Water depths range from 300-1500 meters across the Central Tano Block situated approximately 60 km offshore.’’

In Nigeria, the company’s OML 112 (formerly OPL 469) is located offshore in the eastern part of the Niger Delta.

The block was awarded to Amni on a sole risk basis in 1993 and converted to an OML in 1999. OML 112 covers an area of approximately 437 km2.

OML 117 (formerly OPL 237) was awarded to Amni in 1994 and converted to an OML in 1999.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe For Latest Updates

Signup for our newsletter and get notified when we publish new articles for free!