This coming decade will be defined by three historic,
global challenges: building a resilient recovery from the devastating COVID-19
pandemic; achieving the UN goal of universal access to energy for all
populations; and charting an ambitious course – at COP26 and beyond – for
tackling the threat we all face from the climate emergency.
Today’s oil and gas sector faces the toughest of operating
environments, but the ingenuity of its people, its engineering capabilities and
innovative spirit will all be pivotal in rising to these global challenges.
As the sector’s leaders and influencers gather virtually
for IP Week 2021, for a programme uniquely convened and curated by the
Energy Institute’s industry experts, this remains the pre-eminent international
event for building collaboration between industry, government and society.
The urgency of action, together with the associated risks
and opportunities in geographies around the world, will be at the heart of an
unmissable week’s agenda.
Energy Institute is offering Oil and Gas Republic subscribers 20% off the published price. Please use promo code OGRIP20 when booking to take advantage.
More information/book your place
Confirmed speakers include:
- Bernard Looney CEng FREng FEI, CEO, BP
- Anders Opedal, CEO, Equinor
- Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Total
- Ryan Lance, Chairman and CEO, ConocoPhillips
- Nigel Topping, High-Level Climate Action Champion, UNFCCC COP26
- HE Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, Secretary-General, OPEC
- Dr Fatih Birol HonFEI, Executive Director, IEA
- Indrani Kaushal, Economic Advisor, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, India
- Helima Croft, Managing Director and Global Head of Commodity Strategy, RBC Capital Markets
- Giovanni Serio, Global Head of Research, Vitol
- Dr Leila R Benali, Chief Economist, Energy Economics, Strategy & Sustainability, APICORP
- Wael Sawan, Upstream Director, Shell
- Gauri Singh, Deputy Director-General, IRENA
- Claire O’Neill, Managing Director, Climate and Energy, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Reem Abdullah Al-Ghanim, Head of HR & Support Services – Chemicals Business, Saudi Aramco
- Guido Brusco, Upstream Director, Eni
- Dr Angela Wilkinson, Secretary-General, World Energy Council
- Susan Morrice, Founder Chair, Belize Natural Energy (BNE)
- Mariam Musallam Al-Qubaisi, Head of Sustainability, Government, International & Communications, Etihad Airways
- Dr Zhen Wang FEI, President, Energy Economics Research Institute, CNOOC and Professor of Finance, China University of Petroleum
- Joseph McMonigle, Secretary-General, IEF
- Kazutomo IRIE, President, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
- Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, Under-Secretary-General, United Nations and Executive Secretary, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP)
- Dr Ivan D Ivanov, Team Lead, Occupational and Workplace Health, Environment, Climate Change and Health Department, Division of Healthier Populations, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Professor Carlos Lopes, Associate Fellow, Africa Programme, Chatham House
- Amy Jadesimi, Managing Director, LADOL
Topics explored include:
- Climate emergency and the pandemic aftershock – opportunities out of the crisis?
- The geopolitics of energy transformation
- Reinventing the energy industry in response to climate change and COVID-19
- Pathways for accelerating the low carbon transition
- Exploring the transport industry journey to net-zero
- Asia’s pathway to a low carbon future
- Sub-Saharan Africa’s sustainable growth and development: its roadmap and progress towards a low carbon
Book your place to one of the biggest events in the energy
sector and get together virtually with over 1,500 industry professionals from over all over the world, to hear
the latest news and updates, debate key issues, and network to form new
For more information and to book your place, please visit ipweek.co.uk or contact Amna at email@example.com.